- 11-12-2011 059
- Using the immune system to combat addiction September 14, 2018An unlikely relationship between immune proteins and addictive behavior may help researchers design innovative ways to tackle cravings and beat addiction.
- How can I sleep with rheumatoid arthritis? September 12, 2018Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a disorder that affects the immune system and may cause joint stiffness or pain. RA may make sleep difficult, and a lack of sleep may make the condition worse. There are many tips for improving sleep including avoiding caffeine and alcohol. Learn more about how to sleep better with RA here.
- Health benefits of hemp seeds September 11, 2018Hemp seeds are small, brown seeds from the Cannabis sativa plant. They have a rich nutritional profile, with high concentrations of protein and healthful fatty acids. Wide-ranging research suggests that the seeds may reduce symptoms of specific ailments. Learn more about the benefits of hemp seeds here.
- Can dietary changes help with microscopic colitis? September 10, 2018Microscopic colitis (MC) is an inflammation of the bowel lining that causes recurrent diarrhea and abdominal pain. Doctors can often successfully treat MC using medication. However, some people with MC may benefit from trying probiotics or avoiding foods containing lactose, gluten, and caffeine. Learn more here.
- Nicotine withdrawal symptoms and how to cope September 7, 2018When someone stops using nicotine abruptly, they may experience certain physical and mental symptoms as their body adjusts. These may include irritability, sleeplessness, and cravings. In this article, we look at the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal along with the timeline, treatments, and tips for how to cope.