Correction of prominent ears (otoplasty)
- TORN EAR LOBE REPAIR
- A lifetime of wearing earrings can cause the holes of pierced ears to weaken, stretch, and eventually, tear. Earlobe tears may be partial, resulting in an elongated or wide hole, or full, resulting in a split earlobe. Sometimes, we get an earlobe tear by pulling sweaters over our head and snagging an earring or by getting our dangly earrings too close to an inquisitive toddler. Fortunately, we can repair damaged earlobes simply and effectively.
- How is the procedure done?
- Earlobe repair is a very quick procedure performed under local anesthesia to numb the ear. The damaged portion is removed and the tear is sutured closed, preserving the hole for earrings, if desired. The stitches are removed in about a week and normal activities can resume immediately, as long as they don’t put any tension on the ears.
- How long does the procedure take?
- The procedure takes about 30 minutes to be performed.
Leave a comment