- Who is most likely to experience 'hangxiety?' December 9, 2018New research finds that 'hangxiety,' the experience of anxiety during a hangover, is higher among shy, introverted people than it is in extroverted people.
- Can drinking alcohol lead to prostate cancer? December 5, 2018Doctors do not fully understand what causes prostate cancer. This disease may have an association with alcohol, but scientists need to do more research to confirm the potential link. Here, learn more about the risks of alcohol, how doctors screen for and treat prostate cancer, and the survival rates for this disease.
- This brain circuit is key to both depression and addiction November 30, 2018Recent discoveries about the brain circuitry that drives depression and addiction may point to new clinical targets for the treatment of these issues.
- Study finds 5 types of alcohol use disorder that vary with age November 27, 2018New research reveals five problem drinking 'profiles,' and shows that these types of drinking patterns are more prevalent at different ages.
- Study investigates how MDMA affects cooperation and trust November 20, 2018Study using game theory model finds that MDMA increases cooperative behavior toward trustworthy people and affects brain regions tied to social cognition.