- Is it safe to mix acetaminophen and alcohol? August 20, 2018People take acetaminophen, also known as paracetamol or Tylenol, to treat pain and fever. In combination with alcohol, this drug can cause side effects, such as stomach upset, or severely damage the liver. In this article, we outline the risks of combining acetaminophen and alcohol and give tips on how to stay safe.
- Can you drink coffee while breastfeeding? August 17, 2018While many people avoid caffeine during pregnancy, they may wonder if it is safe to drink coffee again while breastfeeding. For most people, it is safe to consume a moderate amount of coffee while breastfeeding. In this article, we look at the risks and benefits of caffeine consumption for people who are breastfeeding.
- Psychedelic compound triggers near-death experiences August 17, 2018New research shows that DMT, the active ingredient in ayahuasca, has the same effect on the brain as what have been described as 'near-death experiences.'
- What long-term cannabis use can do to your brain August 15, 2018Cannabis and cannabis-based drugs are increasingly used for clinical purposes, but researchers warn they may also harm the brain. A new study explains how.
- Why cannabis relieves IBD symptoms August 14, 2018Cannabis users report that the drug relieves symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease. A new study explains the mechanism behind this anecdotal evidence.