- My calendar
- Ulcerative colitis: Does drinking alcohol make it worse? May 17, 2019Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation in the digestive system. Alcohol may cause the condition to become worse. Learn more about the links between ulcerative colitis and alcohol here.
- What to know about the GGT test May 17, 2019The GGT test is a simple blood test that helps doctors diagnose liver or bile duct damage. Learn more about the GGT test, normal and abnormal ranges, and the procedure, here.
- What foods reduce testosterone? May 16, 2019Certain foods influence hormones. Soy products, dairy, and alcohol all reduce testosterone. Lifestyle changes can help a person maintain their hormone levels. Learn more about some of the foods that lower testosterone here.
- Why might smoking and drinking alcohol raise the risk of osteoporosis? May 13, 2019Study uncovers a stress signaling cell mechanism through which damage to mitochondria can disrupt bone creation-resorption balance to promote osteoporosis.
- Global alcohol intake has increased by 70%, study warns May 9, 2019A large new study shows that global alcohol intake increased sharply between 1990 and 2017. This pattern is set to continue up to 2030, the authors warn.