Create an Account
- Create an Account
- What are the treatments for addiction? November 2, 2018Addiction is a harmful, ongoing disorder that only gets worse over time without treatment. A range of interventions and rehabilitation programs is available, but treating addiction often requires active participation from the person with the condition. Read on to learn more.
- What causes addiction? November 2, 2018Addiction is a complex and chronic mental health disorder that has a range of interlocking causes, including brain chemistry, environmental influences, and underlying psychological difficulties. Read on to learn more about the causes of addiction.
- How does a doctor diagnose addiction? November 2, 2018Addiction is complicated, and the main psychological treatment body has a range of specific criteria for recognizing and treatment it. The first step towards receiving a diagnosis is recognizing a problem with substance use. Read on to learn more about how to receive a diagnosis of addiction.
- How lights and sounds encourage risky behavior November 1, 2018A new study investigates how visual and auditory cues increase risk-taking behavior. The findings provide a much-needed insight into gambling addiction.
- Forms of tobacco that give you cancer October 31, 2018Many people try nicotine replacement or vaping as an alternative to smoking cigarettes. However, people often speculate as to whether there is a link between nicotine consumption and cancer. The consensus is also unclear as to whether smokeless tobacco causes cancer. Learn more here.